My photo
Some Say It's For Lovers, United States

Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Not Even 5 Minutes

Traffic. $(@#$&))@$^@)#&_@#

There are some days that I barely make it off of my street before the F bomb drops. "You EFFING idiot. Watch where you're going, stupid ass" seems to be my favorite line. Often times, those words jump right out of my mouth before I even know it. It's like my reaction is programmed in my brain.

IF...by some miracle, I am able to make it off my street or the main street that leads to the interstate, it isn't long, before that aforementioned statement comes flying right out of my mouth. &$)@#^$)@^#

Ah hell, trying to merge into traffic from my exit is like trying to find a well paying job in a third world country. HELLO PEOPLE, my exit drops me right off of my road and right back onto north bound exit for my road. I have a very short little span of road to merge onto 95, before I start doing circles. DON'T speed up to get around me so that you can exit and make me almost slam into your car. Because one day, I'm telling you, one day.

The funny thing is, depending on the year, my area has the WORST traffic in the nation:

Here are all 10 of the worst cities for traffic as put together by Forbes Magazine. April 15th, 2008

Top 10 Cities With The Worst Traffic:

1. Washington D.C.
2. Atlanta, GA
3. Los Angeles, CA
4. San Francisco, CA
5. Houston, TX
6. New York, NY
7. Riverside – San Bernardino, CA
8. Chicago, IL
9. Dallas, TX
10. Boston, MA.

I don't live "in DC" as most people do not. However, ALL of those people that are driving into DC for that nasty morning commute, come from down my way.

Oddly enough, the volume of traffic is not what bothers me. I'm pretty used to it and have learned that complaining about it and allowing it to piss me off won't get me home any faster.

To make the situation even better, when I leave work in the afternoon, it starts all over again. Just in reverse.

*Sigh*

No comments: