My photo
Some Say It's For Lovers, United States

Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Hell I Tell You

***Religious Post to Follow***

According to the
religious tract like this one, I am going to hell. Unless I repent NOW and never sin again.

Some guy gave me one of those tracts last night. Ummm...I was working my one day a week at "the bar" and he handed it to me. I thought it was a joke because it's a million dollar bill. It wasn't until after he left, that I looked at it.

I read around the back of the bill, turning and turning so that I could keep up with all of the crap it way saying.

Basically, it said "...if you have ever told a lie, lusted after a woman/man or have used the Lords name in vain, God see's you as a blasphemous, lying, thieiving adulterer at heart and you are going straight to hell."

So, like any good little girl that was raised in church all of her life by a Mother who has her own ministers license, I laughed out loud and exclaimed, "I am going straight to hell."

Seriously. Do people really think that threatening people into religion is the way to go? Made me want to sit the man down and have a nice chat with him about how he just ate dinner in a place that can be seen as a Den of Inquity, or that the huge steak with baked potato and sour cream with salad and an appetizer and three glasses of sweet tea can be viewed as
Gluttonous to some. But I'm sure that he forgot that those are things that are seen as sins as well.

Oh I could go on and on. I'm sure that I would seriously hurt his feelings if he started trying to spew scripture, as most people that come from a church like this: Living Waters mostly only know scriptures about how I am going to hell and God hates sinner and unbelievers.

I like to start off a religious discussion with....well, who am I kidding? I am not one for the discussion of religion, as my Husband and I are pretty well studied and grew up pretty indoctrinated. Often times it only takes us a few minutes to shoot down a freaks arguments and confuse them into a mumbling fool.

So because I believe in forgiveness, here are a few scriptures that you might want to start off with. Or place on your tract for next time, because the God that I know and love is all seeing, all knowing and all forgiving.

Psalm 51:2
"Wash me thoroughly from my iniquity and guilt and cleanse me and make me wholly pure from my sin!"

1 John 1:9
"If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness."

Matthew 6:14
"For if you forgive men when they sin against you, your heavenly Father will also forgive you."

Ephesians 1:7
"In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, in accordance with the riches of God's grace"

Colossians 1:13-14
"For he has rescued us from the dominion of darkness and brought us into the kingdom of the Son he loves, in whom we have redemption, the forgiveness of sins."

Anyway...try preaching or teaching love and understanding rather than basically yelling in someone's face, YOU ARE GOING TO HELL.

I am in a handbasket though.

3 comments:

mCat said...

Amen

The Alleged Ringleader said...

I'm going to hell for sure, in fact I will be working the door down there. Just holler my name and you won't have to wait in line ;)

Carrieann said...

Ugh...I agree! I hate it when people come into my store and leave me with "something to read." It is soooo aggravating!