My photo
Some Say It's For Lovers, United States

Monday, July 27, 2009

Where The Hell Have I Been?



Last week, I had to fly to THE A K (as one of the locals called it). That would be Alaska for those of you that don't know your state abbreviations.

The picture above is of a nice tasty morsel that found itself as my meal one night. YUM!

I was gone from Monday-Thurday. In case you didn't know, during the summer in AK (the), there are about 19.5 hours of daylight and about 4.5 hours of darkness. Which is actually only dusk like.

This picture was taken downtown at about 11:30pm. Don't ask where all the people are. It was just as creepy to me.



I returned home on Thursday evening and worked from home on Friday because I was jet effing lagged. Thanks to meeting up with some locals on Wednesday night and partaking in some Alaskan nightlife (read, they tricked me into going to a strip club by just calling it ABC --Alaskan Bush Company--).

On Saturday night, THE Husband and I went to a concert here in VA. Jimmy Wayne, Dierks Bentley and Brad Paisley . To say our seats were great is really an understatement. I was touched (literally) by all three of the men. ONLY ON THE HAND you pervs.

Below are some pics for you enjoyment. All taken with the iPhone that does NOT have zoom, so yes, I was that close.

First up we had Jimmy Wayne:



Next we had Dierks Bentley (one of those hands is mine as someone else too the pic for me):




And last but not least, Brad Paisley:


1 comment:

*Just Jen* said...

YAY for the AK!! I miss my old stomping grounds!!! The lame trade-off of all the daylight comes with a LOT of darkness in the winter time. VERY LAME!!!

Glad you visted my former employer (GABC). Shut up! I only worked there for like four months!!!