My photo
Some Say It's For Lovers, United States

Friday, December 23, 2011

Errrr and Stuff


So my friend Hutch wrote this on his FB today. Hutch very rarely says anything motivating when it comes to the MC, but deep down we all know that he is proud of his uniform. This is some motivating shit right here. Or it was to me anyway. I thought I would share.

I've seen these posts about what color your cammies are and what you want to be called. FUCK ALL THAT. I am Marine and I know some Soldiers, Sailors, and Airmen that are real damn good at what they do and they have my respect for that. People will say Marines are being cocky and conceited by posting that, while I dont think it's necessary to post I do see the point. The Marine Corps is and has been the only Branch of service that has had to fight to continue its existence in this country. If you look at the history of the Marine Corps there have been multiple attempts to disband or absorb the Marine Corps by leaders of the other branches. But, at the end of the day, the citizens that we fight to protect and the leaders elected by those citizens, have made sure that the Marine Corps stayed intact. So, at the end of the day, don't call me a Soldier, Sailor, or Airmen, not because it's insulting, but because I'm not one. I'm a United States Marine, born on yellow foot prints and trained on a depot. And calling me anything other than, is disrespectful to the history and legacy of the branch I've chosen to serve. Also don't call me Devil Dog if you're not one.

Semper.

No comments: