My photo
Some Say It's For Lovers, United States

Monday, February 23, 2009

Boo To Monday





Ughhhhh...yesterday started the Skinny Mel diet/workout plan.

Today, my legs hurt so bad that I can barely walk. Come on body, all I did was 900 steps on the step counter and run 1/2 of a mile. Oh and those jack knives and extenders.

To top of the painful day, while I was walking my beloved dog this morning, the neighbor was walking up as I was walking out. Our dogs love each other and their excitement is hard to control. Picture me, all 5' 3 3/4" and 135 lbs of me in heels and a dress, trying to pull my 78 pound dog.

I almost slipped oh the patio and I tore my pointer finger nail off. I'm not one of those "oh, I broke my nail girls". I didn't break this one, I RIPPED THE EFFING THING OFF.

Now when I say ripped it off, let me just tell you, there was blood and skin and all together finger trauma. I have some pretty long nails and I spend damn good money on having them covered in special stuff and painted to look all cute. Now, all I have in a stub. Less than a stub. It's broken down to the middle of the nailbed.

Holy pain Batman. And do you know how hard it is to type when pointer is traumatized?

1 comment:

mCat said...

OW! I am hurting just with the thought of it. But question - why were you walking the dog in heels and a dress? Just curious!!

Hope your finger gets better!! : )