My photo
Some Say It's For Lovers, United States

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

This One Time




Most people follow that statement with "at Band Camp." Yeah, well, have you ever been to band camp? NO? Well I have. And it wasn't all that fun. Think about the movie drumline. Yeah, it was about like that. 8-5, Monday-Friday for two weeks during the summer IN FLORIDA.

And there definitely weren't any instruments being inserted into anyones girly bits. Not that I am aware of anyway.

I've also been to boot camp. NEVER to be confused with band camp. However, some of those senior classmen might have watched Full Metal Jacket one too many times.

Boot camp...well., what can I say. Not as scary as I expected but it still sucked. It's no wonder Marines have that attitude. Boot camp is no joke. You defintely work your ass off to be able earn that title.

Anyway. The post really is about some injuries. And since band camp and boot camp helped to start them off I thought I would lay a little grounwork for my story.

Band camp circa 1989. I was running from the stadium to the band hall in the torrential downpour rain of Florida when I slipped and fell. NICE surfer style body flop on the ground. Right knee, busted all open, muscle torn. Great job. Let's not forget the muscle I tore in my tricep. When I get hurt, I do it good.

Many, many years later, all rehabed up and no problems, I decide to join the Marine Corps. WTF? Yeah...that's about what my Mom said. Even though I was 22.

One fine Marine Corps day as I was repelling, I landed pretty hard after jumping down and there went the knee. Nice little tear this time. GO ME. Just the week before that, I reinjured my arm doing line training.

Here is am quite a few years after that and thanks to, one or two ATV accidents, my knee and my arm and I have spent lots of quality time in Physical Therapy.

It has been about 4 years since I've had any problems. Now both hurt like it is their job to do so. I have a very high tolerance for pain, so when I go see the Dr., they are NOT happy with me to say the least.

Let's go ahead and add that I have an inner ear infection, LOW blood pressure and I am borderline anemic.

What in the hell? *said in my best southern girl accent*

I am 10 days away from my *GASP* 35th birthday. I am too young to fall apart.

Pity party, table of one.

Oh the joys of life.

1 comment:

mCat said...

Oh girl, you need some chocolate, a big ass diet coke and a good movie.

And I love me a Marine- nicely done!

Semper Fi

Booyah!