My photo
Some Say It's For Lovers, United States

Thursday, August 7, 2008

The Drunken Bell

So...somehow a bell found a new home in my car. Not a little bell either, one of those round Christmas type bells.

For the last few days every time I turned a corner all I would hear is ''jingle, jingle, jingle."

How annoying.

I kept forgetting to take it out. Even though it would make me mad on a daily basis, numerous times.

Well...last night my friend C and I had a few cocktails (aka tasty beverages). We walked outside of the bar to get something out of my car and I saw the bell. I immediately drunkenly grabbed the evil bell and threw it across the parking lot. *WOO*

While I am rooting around my back seat for my red bull, my friend unbeknownst to me, goes after the bell. She comes back with it and tries to throw it back in my car. NNNOOOOOOO...

I wrestled the bell from her and turned around to run from her so that I could throw it in the woods.

Oh wait...what is that? A shiny red convertible WITH IT'S TOP DOWN, sitting in the parking lot.

Oh yes...I did. I placed that evil little bell in the back floor board of that car.

Then C and I burst into uncontrollable fits of laughter.

Once we composed ourselves, we walked back into the bar.

The first person I saw was a friend of mine. I asked her inquisitively, "hey Sue, do you know whose pretty red convertible that is outside." And she replied, "it's MINE, isnt it beautiful?"

I had no idea. The fact that I put the bell in someone I knows car makes it even more fun because I can see what happens when it drives someone else crazy.

I cannot wait to see her tonight and ask her husband if Sue was complaining about a strange ringing noise coming from the car.

It's the little things in life.

1 comment:

Penny Lane said...

This is hilarious, Mel! I love it.