My photo
Some Say It's For Lovers, United States

Friday, March 20, 2009

Holy Ships! I WON



So last night was week 2 of 8 of THE Bar's local Rockstar Wannabe contest. It's a karaoke contest.

I had been out with my friends because TOMORROW IS MY BIRTHDAY BITCHES. Anyway, I digress. When I got to THE Bar they needed one more person to sign up for the contest. My good friend Jacko signed me up (sneaky little wench).

Honestly, I really didn't care about the contest and even chose a song that I haven't sang in forever. I just wanted to sing because waiting for your chance to sing at THE Bar is painful.

As soon as the song started I wanted it to be over. I couldn't find my pitch and with every note I sang I just wanted the disc to break. When I think I'm doing bad on a song, I get stage fright. YEP, my knees start shaking and I giggle. I actually giggled during the song. HOLY NIGHTMARE.

I got off of the stage embarrassed because well, I KNOW EVERYONE there and they know that song SUCKED.

I was singer 8 of 8. Not exactly the best note to end with.

Voting started and it's all about crown applause. I actually hid behind someone while the voting happened, hoping that people wouldn't cheer for me as I did not think I should win.

So what happens? I WON. You have got to be kidding me.

Now, I'm a singer and I believe in giving someone their props when props are due, but last night was NOT one of those nights for me.

Now, I have to wait 6 more weeks until the final round where all 8 of us will compete against each other for $500.00 cash and a song with the band (one of my favorite local bands).

I have to win now. Must find a song that will rock the house. I want to win on my voice and my ability. Not on my friends being the loudest drunk people in the room.

BUT, you can best damn believe that everyone I know will be there the night of the finals. Bring it.

1 comment:

mCat said...

Congrats! Can we expect a recording on the blog? Really now, we gotta hear ya!